Monday, October 1, 2012

THE INTRODUCTION:

My name is Steve Galindo.


Wait, shit, let me start over.


My name is Esteban Christian Galindo.


It's a deeply Latino name and it's pretty much the only thing that makes me a Mexican besides my brown skin. And maybe my mustache. When my parents left Mexico they LEFT Mexico! I was never taught Spanish. I know nothing about Latino culture. I hate Mexican food. I can't eat anything spicy.


When people ask me what my nationality is, I usually say American. Sadly, though, people usually just laugh and say "No, really."


Right now as I write this I am a 35 year old man with three kids, a difficult job, and a sometimes happy and sometimes failing marriage. I sometimes feel like I am lost in life, utterly confused, and all I want to know is how the hell I got here. How did I go from being a reckless, careless guy to a father with responsibilities and ar payments and normal shit like that?


That's where "the books" come in...




These are them, the books, and, as the title suggests, these are in fact "The Private Diaries Of Steve Galindo."


I have been writing in these books since 2002. I carry them everywhere, write in them all the time, and I use them to vent my frustrations and chronicle all the successes and failures in my life. And right now I am writing in my 11th book. Pretty impressive, right? That's a lot of life chronicled right there.


And now I am going to put my private diaries right here, all of them, in the hopes that I can somehow find out how the hell I became who I am.


Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment